Goodman understands its greatest opportunity to drive sustainable outcomes and mitigate environmental risks is during the development process. We have established minimum sustainability standards in all of our operating regions, and we encourage the evaluation of new technologies and initiatives. From maximising natural light, efficient lighting systems, low steel slabs, high performance glazing, water harvesting and transport management plans, Goodman works with its customers to integrate a range of Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) initiatives.
Our approach to sustainable property development aims to:
- Minimise negative environmental impacts and enhance the local environment
- Reduce the energy and water intensity of properties we develop
- Assist our customers improve the efficiency of their operations
- Enhance the resilience and flexibility of our properties
- Maximise the sustainable use of resources
- Utilise recycled materials and enhance recyclability
We also use various sustainability rating tools for our properties around the world. Goodman was the platinum sponsor of the Australian Green Star Industrial rating tool launched in 2010, and our Coca Cola Amatil facility at M7 Business Hub Eastern Creek, NSW was one of the first Green Star industrial facilities in Australia.
Goodman has successfully delivered a number of innovative developments that incorporate ESD initiatives.